Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Click on the link and view the ad "Bank Brat". I busted a gut when I saw this on TV! I tried downloading it to this blog but for some reason it wouldn't save
Friday, January 25, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Weding Party - video powered by Metacafe
Thursday, January 17, 2008
I've been awarded this by Karen over at Gema del Océano. Now I'm supposed to pass it on to 8 others, but I can see from the list on her site that there is a great deal of overlap in our contacts. So I'm tagging the 1st 8 bloggers who think that Love is a Great Spread with either Peanut Butter or with Baloney. ;-P
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the 'Peanuts' comic strip. You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point.
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America Contest.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
- Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
- Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. They are not second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are NOT the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care.
Share this with those who have made a difference in your life. I just did!
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. (Charles Schultz)